Salmon In a Bag with a Mango, Lime and Coconut Salad
- 4 Salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 stalks lemongrass, spilt lengthways
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 125g baby sweetcorn, sliced lengthways
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 225g spinach leaves, stalks removed and leaves torn
- Large bunch of fresh coriander, stalks trimmed and leaves chopped
- 250g couscous
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 300 ml boiling water
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat oven Fan 190c/ Gas 5
- First put the couscous in a roomy dish and pour the boiling water over it. Cover and leave for 2 minutes, then fluff with a folk. Set aside to absorb the liquid while you prepare the stir-fry.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and fry for 2 minutes until softened but not coloured.
- Add the cumin, ground coriander, lemon zest, lemon grass, chili, ginger, turmeric and lime juice. Stir-fry for one minute.
- Stir in the fish sauce and cook for 2 minutes. Add the red pepper and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Finally add the spinach and most of the fresh coriander – reserve a little as a garnish.
- Remove the lemongrass before serving.
- By now the couscous should have absorbed all the liquid. Stir though all the ingredients. You will have couscous left over, you can have it the next day.
- Sandwich the couscous between the salmon fillets, wrap up in baking parchment and bake for 10-15 minutes.
Mango, Lime and Coconut Salad
- 2 mangos, slightly unripe cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarter
- 1 bag watercress
- 25g of coconut, grated
- 2 tbsp of walnuts, roasted and crushed
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, crushed
- Sea salt
For the dressing
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, lime juice and olive oil. Set aside.
- For the salad, cut the mangos and carrot into matchsticks and toss them together in a large salad bowl to mix well. Quarter the cherry tomatoes and drop them into the salad bowl.
- Divide the salad onto 4 serving plates and top with the walnuts, salad cress and shredded coconut.
- Sprinkle the salad with crushed peppercorns and sea salt to taste. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
- Chopping board
- Baking parchment paper
- Heatproof Bowl
- Small bowl
- Salad Bowl
- Wok or heavy-based frying pan
Recipe doesn’t flow. Am making it now. What happens to the sweetcorn? Stir fry is ready way before the salmon goes in the oven. I am not even attempting the rest, very disappointed with this.
Sounds wonderful, will be giving this a go as soon as I can get to the shops! Hum!!
Love the club trying to print Salmon menu but seems to be blocked?
Leave a comment