Recipe for the HoneyComb
10g Bi Carb of Soda
200g Dark chocolate for coating
Recipe for the Mini Toad in the holes
115g plain flour
1 level teaspoon of salt
290 ml semi skimmed milk
Recipe for the Gingerbread
125g Unsalted butter soft
140g Brown caster sugar
2 medium egg yolks
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
¼ level teaspoon baking soda
325g plain flour
55g golden syrup
Drop of Milk optional only if needed
Pre heat your oven to 150c
Method for HoneyComb
1) Put the water and sugar into a high sided saucepan. carefully mix,
2) add the golden syrup and glucose
3) Put onto a medium heat melting the ingredients.
4) Do not stir, bringing the ingredients up to a light caramel colour. Remove from the heat.
5) Now add the baking soda and stir well.
6) Put onto a baking mat. Allow to set for an hour.
7) Meanwhile, melt the chocolate over a pan of water. Allow to cool down ready for coating the honeycomb.
Method for Miniature Toad in the Holes
1) Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and break the eggs into it.
2) Whisk the eggs and add to the flour gradually bringing in the flour, now add the milk little by little until the batter is smooth. Use a whisk if needed. Leave for 30 minutes.
3) Pre heat the oven 200˚c. Put a good teaspoon of oil into mini Yorkshire pudding trays and heat the oil in the oven until very hot in.
4) Pour in the batter, bake in the pre heated oven for 15 minutes or until the pudding is risen and golden. Cool on a cooling rack.
Serve with chipolata sausages
Method for Rosemary's Gingerbreads!
- First cream your soft butter with the sugar, one by one add the egg yolk mix well. Now add the golden syrup and mix.
- Add the Flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda together, and add to the egg mix to form a dough, if too dry add a little milk.
- Now make into a large log wrap in clingwrap and put into the fridge until needed to make your bicuits etc
- This dough is ready for any model, Roll out ¼ c thick measure and cut your shapes, depending on the size it will take 15 to 20 minutes to bake
- HAVE FUN
Equipment For Honeycomb
1 wooden spoon
One high sided saucepan
One small pan with glass bowl on top
Baking mat, and greaseproof paper
Equipment For Gingerbread
One large bowl
Bowl of flour for dusting hands